SpinCount Radio Publicity & Promotions

Monday, April 4, 2011

ECMA e-News: SpinCount Featured Artist of the Week - Christa Borden!

SPINCOUNT FEATURED ARTIST OF THE WEEK: CHRISTA BORDEN
Classically Trained Performer Christa Borden Did Six Tracks Of Her Album With Mixer Bob Clearmountain (Bruce Springsteen, Paul McCartney, Pretenders And Songwriter-Producer Jeff Trott (Sheryl Crow, Stevie Nicks) Releases First Single In Canada.

From the heady superstar company that Christa Borden has been keeping, it looks like those “Empty Bottles” she sings about on her single are quickly being filled with mainstream success.  Official Video is HERE.
She’s done a radio tour for her debut album I Rhyme With Orange (David Carver Music), performed shows everywhere from Newfoundland to Los Angeles, opened for Aerosmith in front of 35,000 people, and appeared on the cover of Hollywood Weekly Magazine.

Six of the 11 tracks on the collection were helmed by renowned songwriter/producer Jeff Trott (Sheryl Crow, Stevie Nicks) and mixed by Bob Clearmountain (Bruce Springsteen, Rolling Stones, Bryan Adams, Paul McCartney, Pretenders…).

Borden attributes the rise of “Empty Bottles” and the strong reception to I Rhyme With Orange to the fact that long before she could drop such names as Bob Clearmountain and Jeff Trott, she approached the writing of the album with an edgy, realistic DIY attitude, centered around the importance of standing out. Kind of like the one word in the English language that is so unique and special, there is no word to rhyme it with: orange.

“In this day and age of widespread digital distribution,” she says, “there are millions of artists creating wonderful projects they’re sending out online without ever leaving home. In this changing industry, aware of the cost of trying to promote myself as an artist, I figured there was a chance that I Rhyme With Orange could be my one album, or at least my best shot. I tried to be a realist and choose songs that were truest to my heart so that in 15 or 20 years someone could look back on it and say this was an honest album, this is who I am and the discoveries that the characters in my songs make are very personal and important to me.”

Christ Borden is from St. John's.  

From more info, please visit:  www.christaborden.com

No comments: